Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Some School News! Just a Tiny Bit Though

As I was working my way through my third day in training, someone from George Brown College called my apartment!

It was the dean's assistant. She wanted to let me know that the dean had been on vacation the past few weeks (I knew this) which is why he hadn't responded to my email. She said that he apologizes that I've had such a bad experience and has tasked someone in admissions with investigating what happened with my application and whether or not anything can be done about.

It's the best news I've heard all week. In three weeks in fact.

Even if they don't left me in, I will feel better knowing that at least the dean cares and at least someone made an honest effort to see if they can fix this for me. It's the first time since this whole mess started that I've felt like I was actually in communication with the right person. I really hope they let me in. Classes start next week. I feel like my hope level is at about 20% right now which is an improvement over the 5% I felt yesterday.


The reason I haven't posted in a few days is just that I've been too tired. I've been waking up at 5:30am every morning which is proving to be a difficult adjustment for me. My evenings have just been a waste.

I'm finding that the days at work feel really long, but I'm working on shifting my attitude and trying to be more positive about this. Slowly but surely. Hopefully by the end of the week I will be in a better headspace. I've made some friends at work though, so that's a good thing.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jacki, Thanks for posting. I'm happy to hear that you have contacted someone in a "power" position at the school. Keep us posted! Yikes 5:30 AM is brutal! Good thing you moved West instead of East for the time change!

    Aunt Debay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I'm thinking good thoughts and so totally behind you.

    ~Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good vibes everyone!

    ReplyDelete