Monday, August 24, 2009

First Day of My New Job

I woke up at 5:15am. My first thought was to panic.

I can be a bit irrational when it comes to testing out a commute to a new workplace for the first time. Even though John and I did a test run on the weekend, I still ended up feeling and acting neurotic.

I left the house at 6:40am to be there for 7:45am, knowing that it took 30 minutes door to door on the test run. I got there half an hour early. Tomorrow I'll try leaving at 6:55 and see how that goes. It was training all day. And by all day I mean ten hours and fifteen minutes.

I won't say much else about it. I don't necessarily feel that it's a good idea to post honest thoughts about your place of employment on the interwebs. You all know my email and phone number anyway.

I was exhausted when I got home. I'm not used to waking up that early and getting home that late. So I decided it was a good night for Erin to buy us a pizza. Thanks Erin! I watched last night's episode of True Blood and John and I went to the Metro for some groceries.

Almost bed time, another early start tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. You come by the panic and arriving early honestly. Been there a dozen times. Today will be better!

    ~Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, three days in I'm leaving at 7am now. Still getting there early but not ridiculously so.

    ReplyDelete