Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Latest Update

When I got home from work last night, John said that the school had called. They said that they're throwing the waiting list out the window and if anyone still wants a spot in the class, they have to show up on Wednesday morning and sit in the lobby. If any spots open up, it goes to someone who is present and waiting at the school. This will go on until Friday.

Obviously I am beyond frustrated given how much work it's been to deal with the whole waiting list thing to begin with and given that I was ranked 10 our of 350 on it so I'm losing a good spot on it. And I'm frustrated because I never did get an update from the dean's investigation.

But it's the only chance I have at this so I have to go. And maybe if I'm lucky no one else will show up (although I believe this to be quite unlikely).

So after discussing it over with John, we decided I should quit my job. I was told in the training that we would be fired for missing any time within the first four weeks and I will need at minimum Wednesday morning off and at most Wednesday through Friday off. So if I'm fired anyway we figured that I should take today off as well since it's our moving day. I talked to Jess and she said she thinks this is what I should do as well. She believes there are tonnes of jobs in Toronto and I won't have trouble finding a new one.

So I'm officially out of a job. I called the recruiting department last night to tell them I wouldn't be coming in today. Worst case scenario I find myself on Friday afternoon with no job and no school. Best case, I get into school.

Not holding my breath on this one.


  1. Can't wait to hear how this turns out...
    and good choice quitting that job! Love you lots!


  2. Thanks gals :) I still don't feel good about quitting the job, but I felt like it was the best decision I could make with the information I had.